The "Map" modular is ... well, a modular. This means that in order to add it to a page, the said page must support modular pages. If you don't know about modular pages, here is the official documentation. I also coverred adding your first modular here.
Get started with Google Maps Platform
You will need to:
- Create a billing account
- Create a project
- Enable one or more APIs or SDKs
- Get, add, and restrict an API key
While I won't go in detail as to what setup you need on the Google side, your fist stop should be this tutorial from Google.
Adding the map
Once you have a valid API key. You should head to the Hotdoy theme configuration:
- Go to the Themes page of the Grav Admin panel and select Hotdoy.
- Scroll down to the Google Maps section.
- There you can copy your key in the "Google maps API Key" field.
- Hit the "Save" button.
Now that Google Maps is setup, you are ready to add a map modular!
Each coordinates must have:
- A title
- An optional URL to send the user to when the marker is clicked
- An optional custom Icon.
A custom icon can be set for the entire site withing the theme configuration. You can otherwise set a custom icon for each marker by uploading an image directly into the Page Media field in the modular and selecting it with the icon field in each Marker.